Would You Be Willing To Give a Donation?
Every Penny Helps.
SOLAHIS is committed to passing along the maximum amount possible to the children of Medellin, Colombia. As such, 95% of donations are allocated in helping the children & only 5% for administration purposes.
Sponsors are critical to giving individual children the best chance possible to become self-sustainable. Donors, whatever their contribution amount, enable the Children’s Centre to run and help even those children who have not yet been sponsored.
Donations help in many ways. They cover:
- Feeding over 150 additional, not-yet-sponsored children once a week
- Operational expenses for the Children’s Centre, including team salaries
- Skills training programs for the adults so they can find work in industries other than the drug trade or prostitution
- Scholarships for those who want to attend post-secondary institutions
SOLAHIS is a registered Canadian charity. As such, all donations over $20 will receive a tax donation receipt.
WHAT DOES MY DONATION HELP PAY FOR?
Donated funds are used to cover operational expenses at the Children’s Centre including six meals per week, school uniforms, backpack and school supplies every January, medical and dental care, and shoes when needed. Anything left over goes to helping children who are not yet sponsored and ongoing improvements to the land and buildings
HOW MUCH OF MY DONATION IS USED FOR ADMINISTRATION?
SOLAHIS is committed to passing along the maximum amount possible to the children of Medellin, Colombia. As such, only about 5% of donations are allocated for administration.
Other Ways to Donate
Every year, SOLAHIS hosts fundraising events. For this event we collect large and small silent and live auction items as well as gift baskets. If you'd like to get involved or if you’d like to help organize our upcoming events, please contact us.
We send supplies to Medellin, Colombia quite frequently. If you’d prefer to donate items, these are the types of things we need on a regular basis:
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Travel-size toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc.
- School supplies
- Clothing of all sizes for all occasions
- Pajamas and blankets
- Bathing suits and towels
- Small toys, stuffed animals and toy cars
- Prom/Graduation Dresses for Quinceañera celebrations